Thursday 24 February 2011

Day 55: We Have A Winner!




Yes - it's official.

I've won FAWM!!!

Not that I came first or anything. As far as I can tell I was the 111th person to cross the finish line and complete the 'write an album in February' challenge, by writing 14 song.

But I won. It says so on my FAWM page.

I'd like to thank my agent, my parents who always believed in me, my stylist....

No really I'd like to thank my very understanding wife for being a FAWM widow and still encouraging me to write some more of MY songs (by her reckoning I've only written 6 songs so far), Ali Smith for lending me the recording gear, and you dear reader for spurring me on with your comments and encouragements...

I'm way too tired to write much because I'm pooped and I'm still writing. I've posted 16 songs so far and I still have a few more pupil co-writes to finish up.

The song that pushed me over the edge (in the best sense) was a co-write with Alfalfa from Texas.

The song is called Victoria and you can download it here.

If Philip Glass had to write a 12 bar blues of spurned love for Jack The Ripper: The Opera - this would be it.

All the other pupil co-writes (8 and counting, including the infamous I broke my leg on a monkey and the terminally sweet I like to play the guitar) are on the 2011 download page.


Other free songs by Matt Blick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.