Saturday 1 January 2011

Showing Up: Day 1




Eighty percent of success is showing up. 

Here's day one in my attempt to be '80% more successful' in songwriting by showing up every day.

Spent about an hour over at Shabby Road working on O Lamb of God.

I wrote a tune in 1992 called Spaghetti Western. It was just about the only time I've written a tune without an instrument and then worked out the chords afterwards. It was very different from the hair metal and shredding guitar instrumentals I'd been  knocking out. I never had any idea what to do with it as it sounded so different. Like...well..the theme from a spaghetti western. But now I feel like Tom Waits has touched me on the head with his magic wand and given me permission to finally do something with it. Anyway...Back to 2011

Lyrics. Got verse one and coda, spent time on verse 2 & 3. Still need a bridge.


Other free songs by Matt Blick


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.