Friday 28 January 2011

Day 27: The Artist FAWMerly known as...



It's on!

Today (that's yesterday in Matt speak) I signed up for February Album Writing Month. The FAWM challenge is simple (in theory at least) write 14 songs in 28 days. Why? Because to quote the website quoting Jack London "You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." Or to quote me “It's a compositional laxative.”

And in February I really plan to get things moving.

If you want join me and a "collaborative community where thousands of musicians of all walks and skill levels yadayadayada..." then sign up NOW - it's free.

In other news...I went for physiotherapy at 9am and came back with a second set of crutches that make me feel less like Long John Silver. Praise God it's all free (you hear that my Stateside brothers?).

Didn't get to writing till late again in bed - watching The Fugitive with the sound down and trying to get the key of the linking bit in Shang Ding Hong Song.

At this rate I'm going to have the guitar solo written before I finish the song.

The Soundcheck Song - for free
Great High Priest
Other free songs by Matt Blick

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.