Sunday 2 January 2011

Day 2: O Lamb Of God


Before setting off for an early evening session at the Matt Cave (aka Shabby Road) I was playing through Maxwell's Silver Hammer for Beatles Songwriting Academy (it's a dirty job but erm...I have to do it) and I think that part of the problem is McCartney probably painted himself into a corner with a very rigid melody and rhyme scheme. Writing lyrics to a 18 year old melody tonight I wondered if I might have made the same mistake. I mean, add one extra syllable and you feel like you're the biggest freakin cop out in the universe.

Curse you, inner critic!

So anyway I did an hour and a half and got the 3rd verse. I've decided to ignore any problems with theological ambiguity for now.

Keep writing...Just keep writing...



Download Great High Priest - for free
Other free songs by Matt Blick
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.