Isaac Watts might have beaten me to the punch with his bowels song but here in 2009 it’s The Eglon Song that is moving people to the very core.
Downloads last week went past the
Hold on, let me turn my hype generator down a notch…
The feedback has ranged from the good;
I can't get it out of my head. I even looked up the chords, so I could play it.
brilliant. we need more scripture stories set to song. I hope to hear this sung in churches across the nation.
What can I say… absolutely brilliant & biblical!!!!!Everyone loves it here
To the bad;
In some ways, I wish the chorus were a little less catchy…
- Stephen Smith. Director, Information Services Crossway Books & Bibles
and the ugly;
This outrageous slur has just been brought to my attention. You need a slap
- King Eglon (Yes, the big guy has his own blog).
If you’ve downloaded the song and like it, why not
- Tweet it, Digg it, Delicious it, link it, email it. Heck, record it on a cassette tape and stick it in an envelope if you want. (All the songs on this blog are free for you to share in any way you want. Go on be greedy. Download ‘em all twice).
- Use it to minister to your flock. Sermons series on Judges, Sunday School, ministry times…
If you don’t like the song
- Leave a comment anyway (go on – I can take it)
- Download some of my more normal songs (hint – all my songs are more normal). See if you like those better. You find 'em all in the My Songs column on the left.
And if you haven’t download the song yet, why not…
- Watch a documentary on the Beehunters of Kazakhstan? (They hunt using trained bees you know).