Monday 22 June 2009

New Song: The Weight Of Glory




(Photo: SunRise by xXFaithfulgirlXx)


My latest song is a meditation on 2 Corinthians 4:17-18. Verse 1 focus on the momentary/eternal contrast, verse 2 on 'light' vs 'weight' and verse 3 holds up Christ as our example as he endured the hours of torture and was in the tomb for 3 days, yet received a kingdom that without end.

Read the Behind The Song blog post

How long, O Lord, this story seems
Till you return, and then we'll see
The strife that fills our mortal days
Barely fills the opening page
And each new chapter has in store
More glory than the one before

So let me count it joy, let me count it gain
To bear dishonour Lord, to suffer for your name
My troubles all will seem so light & momentary
When they fade into the dawning of eternity
And I feel the weight of glory rest on me.

When trouble tries to drag me down
Remind me trials prepare my crown
As coal is crushed to precious stone
So pressures will refine my soul
My destiny will not be dust
For what will be is glorious

So let me count it joy...

In agony, with lonely cries
You hung beneath the blackened skies
The crushing pain, the cross, the grave
Were measured out in hours and days
But none can fully comprehend
The kingdom that will never end

So let me count it joy...

© Matt Blick, 2009.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.