Friday, 24 February 2012

Sadie's Sister




Here's another FAWM song I'm really proud of. This time though I can't take the credit - it's a cowrite with the outrageously talented Stuart Kidd from Glasgow, who you can hear on lead vox, acoustic guitar, drums and suitably 'dead sounding' Macca approved bass. I played some electric guitar and piano (but only cos all the good instruments were taken!)

As you can probably guess from the title, we really got our Beatles mojo working...
Download Sadie's Sister here

Other FAWM songs
Other free songs by Matt Blick

2 comments:

  1. I really like it! The guitar is like George is working on Anthology 4. My last song features reversed guitar solos, it makes it sound like Revolver. I always wonder if I should embrace or fight my Beatle tendencies, some people seem to loath it (some people even don't know who Paul McC is), and after all we're living in the 10s right now ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rob - I thought the lead was more solo Harrison than Beatles (drifting into Brian May at points!).

    I normally avoid being so blatant about influences - Stuart and I just brought out the worst (best?) in each other.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.