Wednesday, 4 May 2011

Faithful And True - Have Your Say!




Faithful And True is a worship song I've been writing on and off for a looooooong time and I thought I'd try something a little different get it finished. I've written 7 verse and I'd like your help to whittle them down to 3 or 4. Have a listen to the song on the video then take a lool at the full lyrics below. Which verses do you think work best? Any individual lines you love (or hate)? Let me know! Hopefully I'll be able to get it finished this month and post a proper demo.



1) When we were children you taught us to stand
And carried us when we grew tired
And even in old age, you carry us still
Like a lamb in the arms of her shepherd


2) More than a mother nursing her babe
You cannot, you will not, forget us
(For) watchful compassion and such jealous care
Burn in your heart for your children


Your Love endures,
Your love endures,
Forever and ever and ever


Lord you are faithful and true
Your name is Faithful and True
Faithful in all that you do
You never leave, you never forsake us
Righteous in all of your ways
Loving to all you have made
Forever you will remain
Faithful, faithful and true


3) You will preserve us, snatching us up
Out of the jaws of the lion
We are so weak Lord, but armed with your strength
You train our hands for each battle


4) In days of trouble, you keep us safe
Sheltering us with your presence
Why should we fear that the earth will give way
You've promised to always be with us


Your love endures...


5) Who can stay blameless and strong 'till the end
When assailed by the world, flesh and devil?
Our confidence rests in your resolute will
To complete the work you began in us


6) In you the needy and poor can find rest
You bear our distress as your burden
When summer sun blazes you give us shade
When hurricanes rage you're our shelter


7) Help us remember, you never forget
The promises made to your people
Our names are engraved on the palms of your hands
You will not leave us as orphans



Download all my 2011 songs for free!!!
Related Posts: Great High Priest
Other free songs by Matt Blick

[If you're subscribed to this blog via email, you will have to click on the post's title to watch any video content (the link will take you my site).



4 comments:

  1. Uhmm. The problem with cutting out some of these verses is that they are all good. Really like the chorus. If I had to vote I might take our v2, 3 and 6 but don't have strong views about it. Can I also make a comment about the tune? From a laymans point of view the music for the verses seem a bit too downbeat. I expect there is a techical term like "minor" or something but hey what do I know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Rob, I think that verses 2, 3 and 6 have the weakest connections to the theme of the chorus and the other verses, so my inclination would be to cut them out.

    Sounds good :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ditto pulling 2, 3 and 6.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments guys - I'll get to work!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.