Sunday, 13 February 2011

Three Kinds Of Art


Writing music is funny. Sometimes it feels like you're plucking it out of the air like a magician. Sometimes you feel like you're trying to carve a gnarly old piece of wood into the likeness of your Aunty Pauline. And sometimes you feel like you're trying to paint the green power ranger on the wall of your child's bedroom with only a 3cm picture cut from the TV guide for reference. And the wrong shade of green paint.

I'm just saying.

Download all my 2011 songs for free!!! 

5 comments:

  1. Mark Graham13/2/11 10:33 pm

    That's what I love about music and why I love making music. It's amazing how you can, with very little effort, create something out of nothing... no pen, no paper, no canvas, no paints required. You can cause people to feel certain emotions through simple crafting of notes or lyrics, convey meaning, and express an idea in a way that words cannot even approach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed - music is the coolest art form, no contest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pfff finally posted my first FAWM song. Thank you for drawing my attention to it, because it has a very stimulating effect. But it is also nerve wrecking …

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're on FAWM Rob???? I'm off to find you right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK I give up Rob. Let me know your log in name...or look me up - mattblick of course

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.