Wednesday, 1 July 2009

The story so far...



As this is pretty much the 6 month anniversary of starting this blog I thought I'd share some stats and landmarks so far...


128 posts
1344 visits
2498 page views
22 subscribers on feedburner


Last week I had visitor from the UK, New Zealand, South Korea, Hong Kong, Bulgaria, Austria, Germany, France, Portugal, Brazil, Canada and the US (from Connecticut to Texas).


It 's been a memorable week as downloads of my songs went through the 100 barrier! - 125 downloads, 49 of the new song The Weight Of Glory


and
I earned my first money from blogging. Through the Amazon Affiliate program I've made, wait for it - £0.32 GBP!

If you know anything about blogging you'll be suitably unimpressed. But I'm not despising 'the day of small things'. I started this blog so I wouldn't have to keep emailing out links to my worship team, and had only The Rough Guide to Blogging and Problogger for advice. So it's a modest achievement but an achievement none the less. I plan to keep going, and keep learning as I go.

If you've enjoyed any of this then here's how you can help.

Leave A Comment.

Every blogger wants to know he's not just speaking to the air and that all those pixels didn't die in vain, so how about it? Tell me what you like, or don't, share a link, ask a question. If you can't think of anything else to write just say “Hi, I'm John from Tallahassee, Florida and I had waffles for breakfast”. (Unless of course you had eggs, John).

I've made it really easy to comment, you don't have to sign in or leave your bank details or anything, and as you're already wasting time on the net, another 2 minutes won't matter much.

If bloggers need encouragement songwriters, even more so. So if you downloaded any of my songs and liked them, please head over to the songs page and leave a comment. And if you tried playing it on you're own or at your church then that's even more encouraging (and, no, you don't owe me any money and I'm not going to sue you).

Just for clarification, all the mp3's are demos or live bootlegs, so yes, the sound quality does suck and I know I sing like a guitar player. But basically anything kinder than “Die, you heretical scum!” will be taken as encouragement!


Subscribe.

Sign up to get the blog regularly either by feedburner (see box on left) or Google Reader. Then I'll know you really love me!

Become a follower.

I have to confess I don't know what this little widgetty 'follower' box on the left does. I think maybe it allows you to do something important like throw zombies at people? Or perhaps when I have amassed enough followers I'll be able to invade a neighbouring country, and force my own ideology on them, whether they want it or not!

Either way having zero followers just screams “LOSER!”, so please sign up before I take it off or force my family to sign up...

Make Me Fabulously Wealthy.

Just kidding, I don't want your money.

But if you click on most of the “what I'm reading/watching/listening to” links on the left side of this blog they will take you to Amazon.co.uk (so far, so predictable). If you then buy anything (not just what I recommended) from Amazon within 24 hours of visiting my blog, Amazon will give me the merest sliver of a percentage of the price. You don't have to do anything other than what you normally do, so long as you click on one of my links first.

So I'd like to say a big thank you to the person who bought a book on raising chickens and netted me 32 pence. I will always remember you and your bizarre choice of book, and may you and your flock (herd?gaggle?) be blessed.


Cartoon: www.blaugh.com


I think I'll celebrate by posting my top amount of something from the last 6 months. Bet you can't wait!



2 comments:

  1. Matt,

    Just a quick note to say that for all my procrastinating on the internet your blog is one of the only places where I don't feel like I've wasted my time. I do think the site should contain a warning though: If you subscribe to the blog you will end up buying more music! Keep up the good work.

    Phil I

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mate - I'm sorry I've been so rubbish at commenting. I still don't really understand how blogging works. I promise I will do better.

    Anyway I agree with Phil, your blog is always a really good read.

    Also I can't remember ever laughing as hard as I did the night I first saw 'Flag Hippo'. You said you'd learn them!

    Bless you mate.

    Al.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.